Florida roads are among the busiest in the nation. With almost 20 million residents in the state and millions more visiting each year, it’s not hard to see why. That many vehicles means that there is also an increased chance of being involved in an automobile accident. If you’re unlucky enough to be injured in a car accident, it can be difficult to recover fully thanks to numerous issues. In particular, your physical healing can often be made harder by the fact that you have to deal with a financial burden as well.
Consider some of the numerous financial burdens that being injured in an accident can place on your shoulders:
- Lost wages due to missed time at work
- High medical bills
- Future potential medical costs
- Excessive debt due to existing bills falling behind because the points above
In short, your accident could put you in a situation where it’s difficult to recover physically, mentally, and financially. This is why seeking financial compensation is so important for those who’ve been injured.
Can You Seek Compensation?
While it’s no secret that seeking compensation for your injuries is certainly a good idea, it’s also important to determine whether or not you actually can. Speaking to a skilled car accident lawyer is the only way to really know for sure, and to get a better understanding about your options. However, there are a couple of basic things that can help you see whether or not your situation may qualify for compensation.
Essentially, you need to understand fault and negligence.
Under Florida law, you must prove that the other party was acting in a way that was negligent or reckless. This could include:
- Drunk driving
- Texting while driving
- Driving a vehicle that is unsafe
- Driving dangerously
- Distracted driving
- Driving while under the influence of drugs
- And more
If you can show that these factors were present, it’s possible that you can seek compensation for your injuries.
Why Turning To Lawyers Is Important
It may be true that some people will be offered a settlement from an insurance company for their injuries, and it is easy to wonder whether or not you even need a legal team on your side. The answer is that yes, you do. Here’s why.
- Initial settlement offers are often very low, much lower than what you’re actually entitled to. An attorney will help you understand whether or not an offer is fair and ensure that you get the compensation you really deserve.
- Insurance companies and the legal teams of the other party are also more likely to work with you when you have professionals on your side. Since our team is willing to go all the way to trial, it’s much more likely that the other party will work to come to a resolution rather than risk the potential of paying out even larger settlements.
- You’ll get faster, better results with a professional car accident attorney on your side. And you will also be able to focus on your physical recovery while we handle the legal side of things.
You may deserve compensation for your injuries, and if you’ve been involved in an auto accident you owe it to yourself to contact a legal professional as soon as possible.